Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Laurel (Saturday, Sept 27)



Ben called about nine o'clock Saturday night to let me know he wasn't going to come over. Seems he had a problem with the garbage disposal.



He acted kind of funny about it - like he expected me to be upset or something. I don't think that Ben really understands the role he has in my life.

I had only known Ben for a couple of hours when I realized I was in love with him. Our attraction is real and deep. I know that he's my soulmate.

When he told me that he was married, I let him know that it makes no difference to me. His marriage changes my behavior, but not my feelings. I couldn't just erase the fact that I love him.

Sometimes I get the idea that he thinks I sit around pining for him when he can't be with me because of his family or his job or whatever. That's not true. I would prefer to have him near me all the time, but I accept that this can't always be so. Although he is the center of my world, my life is very full.



I work out.



I do the things I need to do.



I enjoy going out and spending time with friends.



And, of course, setting up my business takes up a lot of my time.

I have always dreamed of owning my own fashion boutique - and designing my own clothing to sell there! One week from Monday, that dream will become a reality. It wouldn't have been possible without Ben. He loaned me the $5000 necessary to lease premises and stock the store. Well, I say loaned. Actually, the money was a gift, but I intend to pay him back.

I may be Ben's mistress, but I won't be his kept woman!

12 comments:

  1. Laurel looks so bored working out and cooking and hanging out with her crew! It's gotta be rough fashioning your life around a man that you can't fully have because he won't leave his wife for the sake of their kids (or at least I assume that's why they're still together).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, darn, now that you mention it, she does look bored. I'll have to either find something more exciting for her to do, or else have her be in denial about her supposedly full and rich life. Hmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurel must be a very unselfish person to know that her boyfriend goes home to his wife and such. I guess getting money from him helps, ;) but man... that's gotta get hard to deal with as time goes on. I hope she can keep herself entertained and busy to not go crazy about her detached lover. Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I feel bad for both Laurel and Ben. Not that I condone adultery! But they really, really are in love (245 ACR!) so I do sort of view them as good people in a bad situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Laurel sure has a personality, haha. It's good she isn't expecting to be kept, but I think I'd be pushing him to get himself in a better situation. Those poor kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe she will, Mao, maybe she will. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I thought maybe she was in denial about her happiness too :)

    Wow, 245 ACR! That's huge! Maybe she'll get him to man-up and do the right thing. He seems unhappy enough that he would eventually anyway, maybe.

    I'm really enjoying your new story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, Laura, I was blown away by their 245. Especially when I read back over your ACR tutorial and saw what range scores normally fall into. So I guess, really, it's thanks to you and your tutorial that Ben and Laurel are having a tormented grand passion rather than a casual fling. :-D They might not be too thrilled with that, but I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Laurel she seems way nicer than Isabel. And at least she's trying to get somewhere in life. I say that Ben should split up with Isabel and be with Laurel instead?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and I bet that Sofia would like her as a new mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think ben should be with her, after all things between isabel and ben is cold and borderline dead

    ReplyDelete